PAIN IN KNEE, BACK, SHOULDER.. SEVERE
HELLO I HAVE A FEW CONCERNS I BEEN HAVING KNEE PAIN FOR A WHILE ON THE RIGHT SIDE. I BELIEVE IT TO BE MAYBE PATELLA FEMORAL SYNDROME IM NOT SURE BUT I CAN'T STRAIGHTEN IT ALL THE WAY WHEN IT IS ALMOST ABOUT TO BE STRAIGHT I FEEL PAIN LIKE IT CAN CRACK. I CAN WALK ON IT BUT AFTER STANDING ON IT FOR A WHILE IT STARTS TO HURT AND I FIND MYSELF TRYING TO STRETCH IT ALL DAY. ALSO WHEN I WALK I ON THE RIGHT SIDE I FEEL PAIN ON THE LOWER BACK AND TRY TO RUB IT A LOT FOR IT TO GO AWAY THIS HAPPENS EVERYDAY I BEEN GOING TO PHYSICIANS ALL THEY SAY TO DO IS STRETCH, TAKE IBOPRUFEN, I DO THAT AND IT DOES NOT WORK I STILL HAVE THE PAIN AND MY WHOLE RIGHT SIDE PRETTY MUCH HURTS LIKE SHOULDER GETS A STING, ARM, BICEP, IT ALL BURNS AT TIMES CAN IT BE LIKE A NERVE MESSED UP I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT CAN BE IM ONLY 21 YEARS OLD. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND NEED SOME ADVICE FROM EXPERTS. THANKS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Hi Eric,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us but sorry to hear about your pain. There are no "experts" on this forum. Some of us have a medical background but none of us are true experts.

If you have Patella Femoral Syndrome you should have pain located around or under the knee cap. It is most common in runners. It is one of the most misdiagnosed running related injuries. Pain is often aggravated by bending because this causes the most motion of the knee cap over the femoral groove.

I assume your physician agrees with your diagnosis. The treatment is what your physicians are telling you.... restoring muscle balance within the quadriceps group, improving range of motion, and restricting the offending physical activity. Statistics say that 95% of those that do not improve do not follow the home exercise program as ordered.  I have no idea if that is the case with you or not....if you are doing the exercises are prescribed and have no improvement please seek another opinion. It is possible the diagnosis is not correct.

I wish you the very best and hope you will be soon be feeling much better Please let us know how you are doing. We are here to support you and please feel free to post again.

Peace,
~Tuck

Thanks but no help has been any help and still in pain! i dont know what type of dotor to seek
Have you consulted an orthopedic specialist? I think the ones associated with a large teaching facility are the best....but that's just my personal opinion. They seem to be on the cutting edge of medical science.

I know how frustrating it can be when you are in pain and cannot find a diagnosis that "fits." You may also want to consult a orthopedic surgeon. You are you own best advocate. Keep looking until you are comfortable with the answers....and have some pain relief.

Obviously your knee issues should not cause extensive shoulder, biceps, etc pain. Burning, stinging pain is often nerve related. You may want to consult a neurologist for this pain. ... Again one that is associate with a large teaching facility.

Impress upon your physicians exactly how much pain you have....describe how it effects your daily life...and nights.

Good Luck and Keep in touch...
~Tuck