Pain Management Community
PELVIC CONGESTION SYNDROME

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

PELVIC CONGESTION SYNDROME

Im 24 and have pelvic congestion syndrome. I have saw 2 different docs who said to just deal with it and take pain meds. I hate taking Pain meds but without them i cant function. The pain gets so sever i get where i dont even want to be here anymore. I have been doing research and i am going to meet with another doc soon but does anyone know how to ease the pain without meds. My lower back is the worst part then it travels to my ovaries...
Hello and Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I am so sorry to hear about your Chronic Pain (CP). We can relate and many of us are in a similar position.... although we may not have your same diagnosis.

I think you are doing the right thing by consulting another physician. Second opinions can never hurt and often bring options not previously considered... or even a differential diagnosis.

I think many of us have our own "routine" that we use to treat our pain along with narcotics. Different things work differently for each of us .... so it's a trial and error process. It also depends on what area is in pain.

I have found that heat is a good pain reducer. I use a heating pad on my abd area and a product called ThermaCare on my lower back. I also use a massage chair, a jacuzzi and my own form of meditation.

When all is said and done I will never function without pain medications... that's a fact that I had to accept, like it or not. So I understand where we are coming from and it's not a desirable position to be in. I am thankful that there are medications that ease my pain and that I have a wonderful, understanding PMP.  

You are also right in researching and learning everything you can about your diagnosis. Knowledge is power and will help when discussing options and prognosis with a physician. It also helps you understand "why" you have pain... which I think can be helpful in rationalization and in the long run, dealing with your pain.

Some ppl find relief with Acupuncture although I have not. I believe anything that does not have the potential to harm you is worth trying. Other CP patients find other aids to ease their pain and hopefully they will share them here.  

Hang in there and if it helps, you are not alone. Feel free to post whenever you have questions, concerns or just want to share of vent. Support is very helpful, in my opinion.

I'll look forward to hearing from you again.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Thank you so much for the post. I have no one around me that can relate to what im going through so im so glad i found this group. i hate that everyone here has to suffer through pain but if feels great to know there is someone who knows how i feel. I felt so alone and helpless. I have to get hot baths and use heating pads to ease the pain but it dont last long at all.. im just ready for
God to step in and just heal me! And i hope you get a healing as well! Chronic Pain is NO FUN...
We can relate to Chronic Pain!! The Journey is never easy!!

When I found MedHelp I felt the same as you... over joyed that others understood but sorry that there were/are so many Chronic Pain suffers. It's been a great place to learn and laugh .... get support and make new friends that truly "get it."  There are tears here too but is all comes with the the Journey!

Again Welcome!
~Tuck