PMP in Central Florida that accepts Medicaid
Once you stop chuckling, please tell me if 1.) I'm asking this in the right group/forum and 2.) if anyone has encountered any pain management specialists in Central Florida who will accept Medicaid and not treat me like a drug addict or demean me in their office.  I'm at a loss and have tried the conventional ways of calling/emailing medicaidoptions in FL, so far it's been a waste of my time.

The pain management is for severe osteoarthritis in most every joint in my body.

Thanks so much.
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry for what you are going through. Many of us have been there!!

I assure you no one is laughing! We understand how difficult it can be to obtain good pain management ..... and to be treated with dignity and respect.

I am sorry that I cannot help you locates a PMP in your area. Unfortunately and Fortunately, FL has undergone some major changes. Hopefully they are reaching their goals to stop the "Pill Mills" from prescribing to anyone that has a few bucks. FL believed (and proved) that many of these so called Pill Mill patients where not true Chronic Pain patients. They sold their opiates, many across state lines.  You are experiencing what these new laws have done to the legitimate Chronic Pain patient.... less physicians takes us seriously... and many physicians are frightened to treat and prescribe for Chronic Pain patients. Regulations are very tight.

So where do you go??? You keep searching for the legitimate PMP. They are here in FL..... however they are closely monitored and not able to prescribe for all painful conditions.  My FL PMP said if I had Fibro or a similar condition he would tell me to return to the state I previously resided. He claims FL does not allow him to RX for anything that can't be "seen" or "test documented."

I was ready to drive up to six hours before I found my PMP. Sadly you may have to expand your search geographically. Keep calling and be prepared to provide documentation of your pain producing condition. You'll probably need a PCP that beleives in your pain and will attest to the fact that you require Pain Management.

I truly wish you well. I think you'll be able to locate a PMP but it will most likely take some time. Please let us know how you are doing... We're here to offer our support.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Meant to add that Medicaid is viewed much like Medicare. I am on SSDI and therefore recieved Medicare. It IS difficult to find someone in FL that will take either.

You might want to go to the Medicaid Web-Site for a list of physicians that eccept Medicaid. It might be helpful.... or ask your PCP for a referral.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck
Thanks, Tuck....I appreciate your responses.  I'm hoping to talk to someone from Medicaid Options who might be able to help today.

You're welcome! Please keep in touch!

Best of Luck,
~Tuck