Pain Management Community
Pain & Burning on the bottom of my feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain & Burning on the bottom of my feet

hello I have previously posted this question under a different Category, but I still need advise.

I have pain in a burning sensation on the bottom of my feet. This occurs every day 24 hours a day some days are worse than other day but for the most part it is always there. My feet feel like they're literally sitting on the coals of fire. I have seen my doctor it has nothing to do with my diabetes as it is well control and they are no other health issues this is just started within the last six to eight months. I have recently started taking neurontin. I began last Tuesday at 300 milligrams once a day I'm currently taking, 600 milligrams twice a day that was increased after 5 days today which is a full eight days I have an increase again now taking 900 milligram a day. My question is has anyone else experienced the pain and burning in their feet and if cell what did you do and if you took neurontin how long before you began to feel better and what was the dose. thank you for any and all advice.
Christina
Possibly, but I have tried the special insoles for your feet with no relief I also have this even after being away from work for several days or a week end no matter what I seem to have it.
Hi!
Burning sensation in the soles can be due to plantar fasciitis, diabetes, Sjogren’s syndrome, peripheral neuropathies (Lyme’s lupus, diabetes, hypothyroidism etc), hypothyroidism, SLE, alcoholism, peripheral artery disease, sciatica, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis and high blood pressure. You will need blood tests, nerve conduction studies and dopplar studies to reach a diagnosis. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.