Pain Management Community
Pain & numbness in my right thigh, buttock and leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have been having acute pain & numbness in my right buttock, thigh and leg for 6 months or more. I have had an x-ray  of my back and it did not indicate anything. My insurance company will not authorize my doctor to schedule an MRI. Some time the pain is in my leg only and is so severe I am unable to sleep. Other times the numbness is in the thigh and buttock and is not accompanied by any pain. I have been on muscle relaxers and prescription Aleve but they do not provide consistent relief. Can some point me in the right direction for possible cause & treatment?
Hi -am not an expert -but i would guess its nerve irritation -spinal or sciatica perhaps. get fair up the insurance company as they are not Dr's and u need answers. I find gabapentin great for nerve pain. -BUT u need to find a cause 1st. Go back to your Dr -even do a pain diary so its in black and white...
best wishes
T.
Avatar n tn
hey

i am now experiancing the same thing as you! i have a wierd pain that runs goes to the buttocks area and my leg feels very numb! if i press down and try to massage it i feel it a nerve in my foot. its a wierd sensation. anyword on ur case? let me know thanks!