Pain Management Community
Pain Back of right hand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain Back of right hand

I had a complete distal bicep rupture repaired 5 months ago. All the MRI's and Xrays look good but I still can't turn my palm up flat and my forearm feels like it is not completely awake. Now to my hand about 3 days ago I started getting this burning sensation in the back of my hand, it isn't there all the time but when it is it hurts. I am diabetic. Any Ideas?
Hi!
The palm can be turned upwards (supination) with the help of Biceps brachii and the Supinator muscle. If you are unable to do so, then probably your rupture of distal bicep tendon has not healed completely. Also, you will require some physiotherapy to make this possible. Apart from this the burning sensation on the back of your hand can be due to diabetic neuropathy, a clot in the blood vessel post surgery or due to a nerve injury during surgery. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!