Pain Management Community
Pain Below the breasts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain Below the breasts

I have been having sharp sudden pain under my breasts when I breath in. And it has been for a very long time. It was just occasionally before and I thought it was just normal.It started on my right side and that is the side that bothers e most. Well lately it has been like 3 or 4 times a day, now on both sides (still mainly on the right) and it is very sudden very sharp pains. It is so sharp i stop doing what im doing or stop mid-sentance. I have even dropped things because of it.I dont have asthma or any breathing problems, I have not had pnemonia (pneumonia) or any respitory sickness, I am not pregnant. I have no idea what it could be. My mom is worried about cancer since it runs so strongly in the family and says i need a mammogram. I dont know what to do
Hi Teresa:

You shouldn't worry so much. Your problem is very common and sounds like you're having an issue with gas. Pain under the breast when taking a deep breath would not be caused from Breast Cancer so please stop worrying about that.

If you and your Mom are worried about the pain then it's time to see your Doctor. Have your Mom make an appt. so that the two of you can put a name to the pain and stop worrying.

My best,
Mollyrae
Hello Fellow Wisconsinite.

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry to hear about your pain. It is time to see your physician as Mollyrae (also a fellow Wisconsinite) suggested.

Rather than breast cancer I am more apt to think you may have some inflammation in your ribs, cartilage or lungs, maybe even something similar to pleurisy. Breast cancer is generally painless. There are few early symptoms.

Please make an appointment with your PCP for a thorough clinical evaluation. And keep in touch and please let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
~Tuck~
Hello!!  I have the same problem.  I thought it was chest pain at first.  After a couple of weeks I finally went to the ER.  The EKG and Cardiac Enzymes came back normal.  So pretty much I was DX with gas.  I still have it from time to time.  I start taking Gas-x when it starts and it eventually goes away.  I hope this has helped you and I hope your discomfort subsides.  

Take Care!!