Pain Management & the D.E.A.
I was just told by my doctors nurses that the D.E.A has access to my medical records. My pharmacist says only with a warrant, but the nurses insisted they could see my medical records anytime. Which is it? I am very upset at the thought that my personal medical history is not confidential. Does anyone know? Thanks.
Oh wow! That is a good question and I can't wait to see the answers. I wish I knew
If its in connection with a potential felony, then yes, they probably do. If you read your paperwork carefully, there is usually a clause on the bottom that states something like they will allow access to all law enforcement, and anyone else involved in your care, something to that effect, its usually in the privacy policy and also the pain contract. So if you or your doctor is being investigated for ANY reason, then yes they very well could have access.