Pain Management Community
Pain after back cracks from "bear hug"

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain after back cracks from "bear hug"

My boyfriend was giving me a really enthusiastic hug, and as he pressed especially hard on my spine I've heard a loud pop and felt sharp pain between my shoulder blades.

The pain seemed to go away by that evening, but in the morning i could hardly get out of bed. I've tried taking some Tylenol but no effect. The next day pain seemed to subside a little bit, but it's been a week and not much improvement since. The mussels around the area feel a bit inflamed and my back just doesn't feel right.

Is it possible that something got dislocated? Should i seek the appointment with the chiropractor or just give it some more time to heal?

Thank you
You could have a bulging disc. If I were you I would go to the dr and get his opinion. Getting it adjusted could cause it to get worse. Be sure to watch out for signs of nerve damage (tingling numbness difficulty with arms). Hope you are better soon. Best wishes, Sissie
Thank you very much, Sissie, i'll make an appointment with my doctor and report back!
Do please keep us posted. I herniated three disc and it is no fun. Hope everything turns out well :) Best wishes, Sissie