Pain after tooth extraction :(
I had a tooth extracted (top right) on thursday! over the weekend the pain was so intense, after taking sooo many pills and nothing stoppin the pain, yesterday (monday) returned to the dentist where she said i had an infection, i had it packed with stuff that tastes vile (and has given me a vile taste in my mouth) BUT the pain still there :( I am also taking co-codamol and nothing is helpin, what can i do??!!!!!
You need to call your dentist and explain that the pain is still intense and you need a stronger medication. You most likely have dry socket along with the infection and this is VERY painful!
Do not sit in pain, call her and tell her you need some help!
you have "dry socket"  the dentist has to re-pack it.  It wont go away on its own
i sure do feel for ya. Ive had several dry sockets. I remember one time, i had an infected dry socket and when i went for treatment, the novacaine wouldnt work AT ALL since it was infected so bad, and i had to sit there while he dragged a metal hook through that socket to make it bleed again/form a new clot and then repack it. I just about passed out from the pain it hurt so bad when he did that!! it was awful! Im pretty sure Labor and Delivery was not that bad, lol.  Anyways, go back to your dentist, you may need it repacked again and possibly have your antibiotic switched too.  btw that smelly stuff really IS bad, I hated that but it does help usually. I think its called Oil of Cloves or something like that.
had the same problem and dry socket along with an infection is one of the most painful things ever. ICE PACKS helped me. they numb the nerves if you leave it on long enough/