Pain Management Community
Pain and numbness in both legs and feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain and numbness in both legs and feet

I pick a box at work and hurt my back. Went to a  chiropractic for it he took a x-ray and seen that my L4 and L5 was out of place  and S1. A week later my legs and feet started going numb and hurting, like their was needles sticking in them. Had a MIR done  it showed that I had two bulging disc and a degenerative disc.   The numbness and hurting is still there it has been two and half months and not body can till me what is going on. I try physical therapy and everything she tried did not help they was still hurting. no matter if I stand, sit or lay they go numb and hurt. Some days if I could cut them off it would feel better.
Hi there.  I'd like to welcome you to the Pain Management forum.  We are a community of chronic pain sufferers.  Unfortunately we're not doctor nor is this forum monitored by doctors.  BUT  we do have many very smart and medical savvy people on our forum.

Have you consulted a neurologist or an orthopedic spinal surgeon?   If not, I'd recommend that you do.  Also you may wish to get a referral to a pain management physician to help you with your pain.  The pain drs can do some amazing things for back pain.  There are many procedures they may recommend and will prescribe medications as they deem necessary.

I did PT for my neck and all it did was make it worse.  I had bone spurs in my neck and the PT aggravated them.  So ask your doctor if should lay off the PT.  You may wish to try some heat or ice on your back.  Heat is good for muscle stiffness and pain . Ice is good for nerve pain.

So please find a doctor so you can get some relief from your awful pain.

Please do stick around.  I'm sure others will be around later and can give you a better answer than I have.  And do keep posting!  There are a lot of forum members with similar spinal problems.  And everyone will be happy to give you the support you need and whatever advice they have for you.

Again, I warmly welcome you to our forum.

Sara
Hello Tied of hurting,

Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. My heart goes out to you. I am so very sorry to hear about your pain and numbness.

Have you thought bout getting a second opinion? I certainly would. If you have not seen a physician that is connected to a large teaching hospital or one of our well known national clinics I urge you to do so. Another set of eyes or a little thinking outside the box can often do wonders. Remember that you are your own best advocate. You know your body better than anyone else does.  Be assertive and demand answers.

Are you receiving anything for pain management? If not please ask for something. It's bad enough you have to live with this pain you should at the least have something to control it. What if anything are the prescribing for you?

Have you tried a TENS Unit? Sometimes they can be effective in reducing your pain. Massage therapy can also be beneficial. Keep searching. There are solutions out there, at least to reduce your level of pain.

There are other imaging that could be done to provide them with more information. Bu again my first choice would be to seek out a second opinion. Life is too short to live it in constant debilitating pain.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear from you in the very near future.

Take Care,
~Tuck
My Chiropractic and the Doctor of Business Health say the same thing that it is something to do with the L4and L5 and S1 and know they think that the muscle in my butt that is pushing down on the nerves on my legs that is causing this. See I got hurt at work and their Doctor say there is nothing worry with me. I have not work for about two and half months. They stop out my workman co.I do not have any insurance,and my husband is a disable VA and we are trying to get all that straight up now. Workman Co is not paying for anything any med. I get I have to pay for it. I do have pain med.