Pain Management Community
Pain in forearm after consuming alcohol.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in forearm after consuming alcohol.

Recently, every time i consume alcohol, my right forearm starts to pain.
The pain starts a few hours (around 6 or so) after I drink and lasts for about a day or two. The pain is quite strong and feels muscle related. Spraying the arm with pain spray helps, but after a while, it comes back. The most severely affected area is below the wrist, with my palm facing toward me. This has been happening for the past two years, and never happened before. The amount of pain depends on the amount of alcohol i consume.
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
A single nerve paining due to alcohol consumption is less likely, however, you must get your vitamin B12 levels checked. Alcohol can precipitate sever gastritis and acidity. This can refer pain to right arm if diaphragm is irritated. Alcoholic hepatitis is another possibility. Please consult your PCP for primary examination and investigations followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
A single nerve paining due to alcohol consumption is less likely, however, you must get your vitamin B12 levels checked. Alcohol can precipitate sever gastritis and acidity. This can refer pain to right arm if diaphragm is irritated. Alcoholic hepatitis is another possibility. Please consult your PCP for primary examination and investigations followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank