Pain Management Community
Pain in left rib cage and shoulder blade.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I had viral myocarditis about 6 months ago and have recovered from it, per my dr.  My FR is 60%.  However, I am having some minor pain in my left ribs and in under my left shoulder blade.  Sometime my muscle tightens up and hurt between my left shoulder blade and my spine.  It is not major pain but just enough to know something is not right.  I have had a cat scan, xrays, colonescopy, (by different dr's) and they say that it all looks good except some galdstones. They are telling me that this is not my problem.  However, they still have not told me what this pain was, or what was causing it, or how to get rid of it.  When I do manual work, I can not feel the pain, but when I sit at my desk it bothers me.  Does anyone have any recomendations of what this could be or what I sould do?
Hello Tivy,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I'm sorry I am tardy in my response to you. It sounds like you have followed up on this pain. I'm not sure what you mean by your FR is 60%. I am not a physician nor an expert.

Myocarditis is defined as inflammatory changes in the heart muscle. It is caused by various diseases. I assume you are being followed by a cardiologist. If not you certainly should be in my opinion. If you are seeing a cardiologist nothing can be hurt by obtaining a second opinion from another cardiologist.

Myocarditis is a serious condition and requires close follow up. It is possible that you have lingering pain from the inflammation. However it is possible that the pain you describe may not related to your bout with Myocarditis.

I encourage you to be assertive in your search for the answers to the pain you are experiencing. We must be our own advocates. Only you know your body and how you feel. Don't let them dismiss your pain.

Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your progress updates.

Take care,
Tuck