Pain Management Community
Pain in muscles/joints (possibly HIV related)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I am not native English speaker, so my description my be a little awkward (I can explain further if needed).

I had unsafe sex 4 weeks ago and the first minute after it I began to panic. Little sleep in the following week, and then I started to experience pain in my muscles and joints. The panic resulted from strong feeling of guilty, and a strong fear of HIV infection.

At first it is only some minor feelings like needles in my knees/toes, and later it developed into muscle/joint pain all over my body (it is not unbearable but it is clear) after three weeks of anxiety.  Sometimes it is like that there is an aching line from my finger to elbow. Sometimes it feels like someone is using a drill or something on the bones of my finger/shin/lower arm. There is no simultaneous pain in two different places though. Sometimes my upper arms have pulsing pain.  

And every time it last about 3-5 minutes, and disappear completely (by pressing the area afterwards there is no further pain, so I guess it is not muscle injury). It seems that these pain occur in muscles/bones/joints.

This is weird. Does anyone have experience on similar situation? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

P.s. I suspect it is HIV related, but assessment of my risk is low. So I guess it may be more a result of anxiety/depression...
Yes. It may not related to HIV infection. (I am just suspecting it).

The other related questions is, what do you feel as 'muscle pain' when getting a flu? Is it like what I felt? Or is the 'flu pain' different?
If this was HIV related and only happened 4 weeks ago, I cant see how this could be the reason.. As HIV related I couldnt see that.  

Wouldnt the disease need to go to Aids, which can take... how long ? months---->years.  I dont know....................... my brother in law was full blown and is now on the cocktail, but I just cant see this being the case.  

Maybe there is another reason for this.  It might be an idea to go and be looked at.
One of the first things I thought when I read your post was that I was wondering if you had the flu.

You might want to get checked out to make sure its nothing serious.  How ever HIV. I cant see that at all being the culprit four weeks after 'n so forth.. Do some reading on how the virus acts, what it does and what it does after it goes from HIV to Aids.