Pain in ribs upon waking
I wake up every morning, with unbearable pain in my ribs. Depending upon how I'm lying, on my back or side, the pain comes from different locations. (ie, back of my ribs when I lie on my back, whichever side of my ribs I'd been lying on) I've tried to sleep in a great variety of different places and positions, but the pain is always the same, no matter where or how I sleep. I am overweight, but I've been this same weight for years, and I haven't experienced this pain until a few months ago. I have no idea what the problem is, and I would like very much to learn what it could possibly be, or ways for me to sleep without waking up in such pain.
Sorry to hear of your rib pain probelms, but I have a few questions.
Have you seen a doctor for this pain?  Have any tests been done?  
Sorry I can't answer your question, maybe someone else on here has a simular probelm.
Wish you the best of luck!
I have the same kind of rib pain in the morning at the wake-up time for few minutes. Yes it is for few minutes but that is really unbareble. Dear friends, from discussions with a doctor and friends, I have come to conclusion that mostly (rpt. mostly) this kind of pain is due to lack of Oxygen. Also may be because of deficiency of B12. I am not sure for these remedies, BUT I certainly feel better in the morning when I wake up - if I kept open my windows during the night. So the point is Oxygen as well as food-medicine supplement for the B12 may be useful. Please discuss these options with your doctor. Regards. Alkesh