Pain Management Community
Pain in right wrist and hand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain in right wrist and hand

I have had moderate to severe pain in the top of my right hand, the pinky finger and in my wrist for almose 3 weeks now. I have tried to wait it out to see if it went away but now I also have have also developed new symptoms. When I wake up in the moring it is throbbing and is swollen. After a few hours the swelling goes away. I have also lost the strenght in my hand, I can no longer open a soda bottle anymore. What would be your best guess on my next xourse of action??? Please Help!!
mommaof2boys663,
I would see your primary care doctor as soon as possible. You might need a referral to a specialist. I am not a doctor, but I have pain in my right wrist and have lost a lot of the strength in it. ( I can't pick up a large skillet with food in it with just my right hand anymore.) My doctor told me it was the early stages of carpal tunnel syndrome and to watch my wrist when I am using a keyboard and not break my wrists when I am typing or surfing online. She also gave me some exercises to do when the pain starts to flare up real bad to try and help strengthen and stretch my wrist. She also suggested that I purchase a wrist brace, which I did, and although it may take time to get used to wearing it ( It did for me! :D) it did help relieve some of my pain. And sometimes I have my husband rub my fingers, hands, wrists, and forearms; which feels wonderful for me. Hope this helps and I pray you find some relief from the pain you are in. Have a happy holiday season.  =D