Pain Management Community
Pain in stomach and back,also pain in toes (liver enlargment in usg)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

its started with sharp needle like pain in lower right rib 2 months before then it spread to back and down. i went to doctors regarding this pain, first for one month the doctors gave me medicines for muscle sprain and also for stomach infection. After one and half month i took some ultrasound it showed that my liver is enlarged by 158mm (hepatomegally), fecolithis in bowels and i also have constipation (no other problems). I also took a urine test and blood test for kidney which showed negative result . With doctor prescription i am taking  pantoprazole and ursodiol in this i have stopped pantoprazole after 5 days because it is causing irritaiton in my stomach and i am kind of feeling nauseus after taking it. Now i am only taking ursodiol but still i am having momentarily pain in my stomach and back mainly to the right side but some times left side also. After taking these medications my stool is kind of muddy and pain has decreased slightly.  

After the starting of this pain i got some unusual symptoms, i thought these symptoms are not related to my pain so i didnt mention those to my doctor.After starting  this pain (after one month) my lower legs (mainly toes) started to pain (its kind of a burning sensation), if my right side of stomach is paining then my right lower legs have burning sensation same way to the left side of the stomach . But now i am having burning sensation in both my lower legs( mainly toes). i cant sit after eating for long time then the pain starts coming back.And also when my pain in my stomach was in peak one of the fingers and one side of palm in my left hand  changed color into purple.

Can anyone tell what can be the reason for these pain? Whether this symptoms can be early signs of kidney failure?

Tags: Liver, kidneys
Hi!
Deposition of bile salts and pigments under the skin can cause burning pain in a person who has a liver problem. Since you have liver enlargement, it is important to get complete liver function tests done along with liver enzymes. Other than this pancreatic and gall bladder function should be assessed. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.