Pain Management Community
Pain meds need during pregnancy and doctors won't help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain meds need during pregnancy and doctors won't help

My wife is pregnant and has advanced crohns disease.  They have tried every medical option as far as medicine and have pretty much given up on her and were looking into surgical options for her. But because of the pregnancy that can't happen.  She was on hydrocodone for pain until 2 days ago when her primary care doctor decided to take her off of them cold turkey.  Her OBGYN says there not an issue and she can have them but wont prescribe them.  She needs these pain killers just to be able to eat.  So no pain meds = no food ... no food= no nutrients for the baby (or her for that matter)... What do we do no one seems to understand the seriousness and her primary keeps saying the meds might hurt the baby but I checked and there is not case evidence of it doing that unless your a mouse and your given 700 times the recommended dosage. The OBGYN even has said it would be better to stay on them that to take her off of them.  What can I do ?

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's problems, but congratulations on the baby. I don't have Chrohn's but i do get bad IBS so i can somewhat sympathize. I would have her OB either call her primary doctor on her behalf or even have her OB dictate a letter to her primary. Good luck to you, keep us updated.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank