Pain Management Community
Pain on only right side of head,face ,shoulder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have been under alot of stress and I think i was tensing my body up........but mostly the pain is on the right side of my face,head behind right breast,neck right shoulder back and my right eye i went to my heart dr ..he feels my heart is ok but thinks its musclar skelatal pain..he put me on 800 mg ibuprofen 3 times a day and it helped some but today i did a bit of yard work and im in bad pain and my chest is all tight..i have severe anxiety and depression and am on xanax prozac and just recently adderall (adderrall).. i can barely concntrate as it hurts so bad and my neck is real bad and mt right ear hurts too........any ideas
The pain is probably neuralgia resulting from compression of the nerves in the back of your head due to tense muscles.

Xanax is helping at reducing the muscle tension and ibuprofen is good at reducing inflammation.

Avoid head forward posture, take breaks often while working with a head forward posture like yard work, avoid computer overuse, buy a soft neck collar if you really have trouble with head forward posture but don't overuse it as it can cause muscles atrophy.

Tense muscles and different form of neuralgia occurring while suffering from anxiety and depression are not so uncommon but it is clear that the head forward posture is not helping.

Work on your posture a lot and I think you should get results. You can also try physical therapy, I know it helped me. I have occipital neuralgia due to compression of the c2-c3 nerves probably due to chronic muscle spasms due to chronic head forward posture but I need to see a neurologist since it's been 9 months and it's getting worse.

So I suggest you see a neurologist for a proper diagnosis as some tests can be performed.

M4
I forgot to tell you that Adderall (adderrall) could really make your muscle tensions much worse resulting in more pain.