Pain Management Community
Pain on right side below bra line
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain on right side below bra line

I have this consistent dull pain below my bra line on the right side. It feels like it is either the rib cage itself or just below it, not towards my back. As far as I am concerned, there are no GI symptoms accompanying it. It gets worse when I sit down and feels better if I am stretched out or if there is pressure applied to the area, almost as if wearing a corset would help. It comes and goes without any obvious triggers (other than possibly sitting down a lot) and I have been feeling it for about 4 years now. It is not a sharp pain but more of a dull, achy feeling. I swear it looks like the right ribcage doesn't protrude as much as the left, but I guess I could be seeing things.

Any ideas?
Related Discussions
  • Rib Cage Pain (3 replies):
    Hi, I've been having pain in my rib cage since august 08...[more]
  • pain (1 replies):
    I've been having a pain on my left side that comes an go...[more]
  • Ribs and neck (1 replies):
    Since November, I have had pain on my ribs below my armp...[more]
  • gaga (1 replies):
    I have a pain under rib cage on left side and it gets so...[more]
  • Ribs burn when pushed on (1 replies):
    Hey im 18 years old and for months now i have been exper...[more]
547368_tn?1332173665
Hi Micheley,

I am glad that you found us at MedHelp. I am sorry to hear about your confusing rib pain.

There are a multitude of things that could be the source of your pain. I'm sorry I haven't any concrete answers for you. Have you had a recent chest x-ray? It would be a good place to start. It could be some arthritis or inflammation in the rib area. There are also organs in the near area that could be the source of your pain.

I would suggest that you make an appointment with your PCP and inform him/her of your symptoms. Others will post with their suggestions and ideas. Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates.
Take Care, Tuck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank