Pain Management Community
Pain relief only

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain relief only

I had back surgery - rodding, pins etc from T10 thru S1(in June of 2012)..also thanks to my back my legs gave out causing me to fall one night (many times!) and broke my shoulder. I was already scheduled for my back and thanks to a PA (worthless) she said it was only bruised(not). Had MRI and found it to be broken after I already had back surgery,
The back surgery was brutal - 10 hours  8 1/2 scar.  They rodded and put 26 screws - spinal fusion and two anchors into my pelvis. I was on a myriad of pain meds. This Jan.of 2013 had to have shoulder repaired - broke broke off and had to be shaved down, rotator cuff re-attached with metal plate and screws.  My question is my pain management dr has me on morphine sulfate 30mg twice daily and oxycontin 10mg 3 times a day.  My question/problem is I am not feeling the relief I think I need.  My shoulder still hurts considerable and my legs - knees - are swollen and hurt most of the time.  
My question is what can I safely ask for a therapeutic solution to these symptoms? Any or all answers will be given much thought,  Thank you.. in advance,
Wow, that's a lot of surgery. I really feel for you. Personally I wouldn't ask for anything in particular, just explain to your doctor about your pain and ask him/her for some idea's and let them know that your current regimen isn't helping as much as it should. Best of luck to you.