Pain relief only
I had back surgery - rodding, pins etc from T10 thru S1(in June of 2012)..also thanks to my back my legs gave out causing me to fall one night (many times!) and broke my shoulder. I was already scheduled for my back and thanks to a PA (worthless) she said it was only bruised(not). Had MRI and found it to be broken after I already had back surgery,
The back surgery was brutal - 10 hours  8 1/2 scar.  They rodded and put 26 screws - spinal fusion and two anchors into my pelvis. I was on a myriad of pain meds. This Jan.of 2013 had to have shoulder repaired - broke broke off and had to be shaved down, rotator cuff re-attached with metal plate and screws.  My question is my pain management dr has me on morphine sulfate 30mg twice daily and oxycontin 10mg 3 times a day.  My question/problem is I am not feeling the relief I think I need.  My shoulder still hurts considerable and my legs - knees - are swollen and hurt most of the time.  
My question is what can I safely ask for a therapeutic solution to these symptoms? Any or all answers will be given much thought,  Thank you.. in advance,
Wow, that's a lot of surgery. I really feel for you. Personally I wouldn't ask for anything in particular, just explain to your doctor about your pain and ask him/her for some idea's and let them know that your current regimen isn't helping as much as it should. Best of luck to you.