Pain Management Community
Pain spreading and increasing over a week

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot once-so-ever, but I'm really hoping that someone will see this and give me a clue as to what's happening.

I am involved with my school's indoor colorguard and last Saturday we had a competition. I spun a flag from 10 am until 6 pm with about four short breaks in between and at least 20 minutes of stretching. I did expect to hurt the next morning, but I also expected it to fade.

On Sunday and Monday my knees and shoulders were the only parts that hurt. On Monday I grit my teeth for guard practice from 6:30 until until 9.

Wednesday both of my legs were engulfed by muscle pain. On Thursday I was experiencing pain in my lower back and throat. I called out of guard practice on Thursday, it was so bad. It takes a lot for a dedicated performer to call out.

By Friday my entire back felt like there was something putting extra pressure on every little nerve. Today, Saturday, I'm starting to get pains in the middle of my chest and it constricts my breathing. I've started to come down with a wee little cold, but no fever or anything. I surpress sneezes the best I can due to the pain they cause my entire body.

I've tried heating pads, hot medicated baths, massages, and muscle-soothing gels. It takes three pain killers to get myself to school for half a day and two more for the remaining half. The gels help me sleep for five or six hours save Tuesday when I slept from 4:30pm until 5 the next morning. The pain is also greatly effecting my mood, I'm sure, as I've been irritable and apathetic in turns.

My mom love me very much, but she's very bad when it comes to deciding what needs a doctor's visit and what doesn't, especially since our new insurance company is questionable. So if anyone can give me advice on what's going on, what to do about it, or any kind of therapy, that'd be great.

Thank you!
You may want to contact your new insurance company and see what you need to do so you can go to the dr. You really need to evaluated. Therapy would help tremendously, however you will need a drs note and that means you would need to see him/her.

Good Luck and God Bless