Pain Management Community
Pains coming from back of head, neck and ringing from the ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have been dealing with some ringing come from my right ear the last 8 months or so, i have seen a doctor twice cause of it, and each time he said after a while the ringing should stop, but like the only real times it bothers me is when there is no noise or when i'm trying to get to sleep.
I also have had some stiffness in my neck that i cannot thick of what the cause is  as of right now, like it feels stiff so it leads myself into trying to relax it by cracking by rotating my head in circles or using my hand to move it side to side until it does and now it seems to have gotten worse the last couple months.
Also the last couple of days i d get a sudden sharp pain in the back of my head and than it would go away in like 5 seconds.
Are these problems linked or is there any area of concern and how should i go about these problems in either seeking medical attention or taking care of it myself, I am only 18 so i don't know really what to do.
Tags: head, Neck, Pain
i would see a specialist as these are not normal - you should ask your primary doctor to recomend a specialist and start treatments. good luck and keep us informed
Could be cervical (neck) disc disease. Took two years to diagnos because of incompetent GP. Saw an Orthopedist who took one look at MRI of neck and saw what GP and radiologist missed. Ringing could be from medications you take, like asprins and other NSAIDS like Ibuprofin, even Alveve if you take too much or take too often. I had similar symptoms you describe. Started out pain in back of head and neck would come and go then BAM one day stayed permanently. No trauma preceded it, had a couple of really old whiplash injuries but nothing directly prior to the first symptoms.