Pain Management Community
Pedundal nerve block dysthetic vulvadynia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have dysthetic vulvadynia .....
And periphal non-diabetic neuropathy.
I have had this diagnosed for 13 yrs..
The lidoderm patches I have used are not subsiding increased pain in above problem area of first sentence.i can feel nerve "spot" and yesterday was unbearable actually tracing the pain to sacral area...
I have had a trigger point injection yrs ago to no avail...
Can anyone Tell me anything about the injection -with xylocaine other anesthetic to that area they have had experience with..
I know I am not alone in having dysthetic vulvadynia!
Thank you,
Blessings

Hi!
Dysthetic vulvadynia has been under a lot of scrutiny because of poor treatment outcomes. Surface electromyography (sEMG)-assisted pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation has been found to relieve tension in the pelvic floor muscles and reduce the pain. This biofeedback technology may help you as well. Also, if dry vagina is found to be the cause, then treating this relieves the pain.  If the vulvodynia is due to pudendal nerve entrapment, then yes, a pudendal block will help. This can be diagnosed by diagnostic block, MRI, CT scan, and Pudendal Nerve Motor Latency Test (PNMLT).  Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you so much for responding..
Monday...following from the clitoral painful spot..i traveled with firm finger down from left mid buttock Pedundal spot to lower lumbar, upper sacral 4 and5 ...putting tens unit patch along the nerve Pedundal across to spine and left it on a level down from ouch! I left it on for 30 minutes.. it really helped...
Tomorrow I will have left lumbar area ablated...I have seen him for 12years and he really tries to help..It really helped to relieve pain in the left celiac-lumbar plexis13 months ago.I had had sacral lft&rt ablation 3 yrs ago..
I hope and pray the ablation will help and later we can re-do the sacral ablations again..
Thank you, I will take a copy of your answer to him.
I have no dry areas there...I splint though....and that is another problem so w/out going there you understand.
I thank you so much..
Blessings again for your timely and concerned answer....
.

Thank you so much for responding..
I thank you so much..
.