Pain Management Community
Percocet Fentynal False Negative

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Percocet Fentynal False Negative

I have had my recent urine test come back with 0. My PCP is the on that did the test because I could not go to my PM clinic as I had lost my insurance and couldn't afford to pay the office fee up front. I have been on both forms for over 6 months. My prior tests were normal. No because of this 0 I am being told that I can't get either refilled. I am also being accused of selling. I don't know what to do.
A few questions if you don't mind...

Do you know what type of test this was? As in do they just do a quick test strip in the office? Or do they send it out to a lab that takes some days to get it back?

You should be able to ask them this question.

And didn't you bring in your medications to show them what you have left? This would be the easiest way to show them that you are not "selling" your meds.

The other way is to request an actual blood test be done immediately...

Or, go there on a day that you are taking your meds still and have them watch you take the Percocet and they should have been able to see the patch you had on that day...and then sit there wait for the test to be done if it's in an in house one...

I would have still insisted on seeing your PM as they could have discounted your price for the appt. to see them that day..

Without insurance, how are you going to pay for your medications???
I did ask where the test was done as my pcp is at a local office. They sent it to the main hospital in a different city. I also questioned if it could have been contaminated as I had to leave my unlabeled container in the bathroom and there was no one around as I waited for 2-3 for the lab tech to come back. I did request the blood test but pcp says that there is no need as the first test came back a 0. The day of my appointment I had my scripts ready to take with me but forgot at home. I also went through my garbage and found my last 2 patch's. The day of the appointment I afford to show my pcp my patch but she said she didn't need to see it. I did also remember that 3 weeks ago I had to go in for a INR check. I remember that day I saw a new nurse and broke down to her and showed her why I was on the pain med's and she saw the patch. Since I lost my insurance my father has been paying for my scripts. Which is about $60 a month. The patch's are being covered from Johnson & Johnson with one of their low income programs.