Persistent Groin Pain
I have persistent groin pain that has spread across my hip for 10 weeks. I had a CT scan which did not show anything and I am now waiting 4 weeks for a pelvic scan appointment. The pain increases when sitting or lying down. Pain relief has not been successful. Any ideas?
Gosh, none what so ever. Sorry for the pain. I hope you can get to the bottom of it soon. My thoughts are with you.

Mollyrae
Hello Mbowden,

I am glad that you found us at MedHelp and took the time to post, welcome.

Did you know that true hip joint pain is actually often felt as groin pain? So it will be important to determine exactly where the pain originates.

There are multiple causes of groin or hip pain. Tendinitis in either location can cause pain. Nerve entrapment disorders are another cause of hip and groin pain. Dysfunction of other body parts may also lead to groin pain. Inflammation or infection of the large intestine can at times be responsible for groin pain as can ovarian cysts. Spinal structure issues can also cause hip or groin pain as can a lingering kidney stone(s). The list is long.  

I initially had groin and hip pain when I first developed chronic pain that was later diagnosed as SIJ (sacroiliac joint) Dysfunction. Sitting was next to impossible when it flares. I wish I had a more conclusive answer(s) for you. There are just too many possibilities.

I am glad that you are scheduled for a Pelvic scan. It should provide you with better answers. If it doesn't be assertive and keep searching....but cross that bridge when you get to it. Please let us know how you are doing.

I wish you the best of luck and am hopeful that you will soon find a resolution to your pain.  I will look forward to your updates.

Take Care,
~Tuck