Pain Management Community
Pinky Toe Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pinky Toe Pain

I stubbed my toe today pretty badly and it had very sharp pain after i hit it for about 5 minutes then it died to more a feeling in it rather than a pain. Its fine when its not being touched or walked on. If it is touched or walked on sharp pain starts and the entire toe hurts (the sharpest pain seems to be centered in the joint area.
It sounds like you may have actually fractured your toe, although the only way to confirm this would be with an xray.  The other unfortunate thing is that there is not much they can/do do for a broken toe other than perhaps "buddy taping" it to the toe next to it and perhaps giving you a special shoe to wear for a while.

It would still probably be wise to get an xray - not only to rule out a fracture of the toe, but even a fracture of one of the other small bones in the foot - for which they may be able to do more than for a broken toe.

Meanwhile, stay off of it as much as you can, keep your foot elevated (helps reduce swelling and pain) and try some ice (again, helps with swelling and pain).

Best of luck!  I've broken toes before and I can relate to how much it hurts!