Pain Management Community
Post -Total Knee Replacement Surgery -Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

In Feburary 2007, I had Total Knee Replacement Sugery for my left Knee. The knee functions fine as far as bending and walking is concerned. But I still have severe pain in my Knee . It does not seem to go away. MY orthopedic surgeon says, according to X-rays, everything is fine but he does not understand what is causing thes pain, therefore, he cannot do anything about it. He ruled out bacterial infection by conducting various blood tests. Can anyone help?
Hello Subhashj,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum of MedHelp. I am sorry that you continue to have pain following a knee replacement.

I suggest a second opinion. Another set of eyes and possibly further testing may reveal the problem. Some ppl continue to have unexplained pain post-op and others do not. There is not always an obvious reason or explanation. But I would not ignore it or take the opinion of one surgeon.

Others will post with their suggestions. I hope you will keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing. Best of luck to you.

Take Care,
Tuck