Post Op Appendectomy
I'm having extreme pains in my abdomen.

Details: I recently had emergency surgery on the 13th for  acute appendicitis. It was a laparotomy (open) surgery, and I was in the hospital until the 16th for recovery. I didn't have a bowel movement that entire time, but had one the day after I left the hospital. I was bloated in the hospital, but without pain. Now I'm extremely bloated and  having TERRIBLE pains in my abdomen. It isn't pain secluded to my surgical site, but all around pain. I was prescribed oxycodone/apap for pain and an antibiotic. I also had morphine in the hospital. I was wondering if this is just post-op gas pains, or something more serious. I also want to know if i could be relieved. I'm wiling to go to the doctor for it. Thank You !
Hi:

I am really suprised that the Hospital let you go before you had a bowel movement. They generally make you stay until you've had one. It's entirely possible that the bowel is involved in your pain again. Do not waste time in making an appt. to see your Doctor. You never know how serious it may be.

Please take care and good luck.
Mollyrae
Hello and welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry to hear about your pain.

What have your parents said about these continuing symptoms? It is my suggestion that you discuss this with them and return to your surgeon or physician.

Best of luck to you and as always take care,
Tuck
i am also very sorry 2 hear about your pain
i had the same pain u have now i went to the
docs and they said i have constipation and thats
all it was