Quit Smoking - Day 3
Ok...I'm doing it. AGAIN. I've smoked for 10 years (collectively) of my life. I had quit most recently when I got pregnant with my son and hadn't smoked for almost 2 years until this last summer. I started hanging out with a "friend" that smoked and we spent many summer nights smoking cigs and talking. I thought I could handle it. Nope. I slid riiiiight back into it. And I kept denying it. I kept telling myself I could quit anytime I wanted. Nope. My husband was piiiiiiiiiiissed. (he used to smoke too but hadn't in over 2 years and had NO intention of starting again)

Anyhow, he's been beggin me to quit for months. We've been going through a LOT in our life and our marriage and it's not been an easy "time" to do it. I already take an SNRI, so going on something like Wellbutrin is not really an option, and patches make me sick, so I just have to man up and do it.

Well, I'm on day 3 (and a half!!!) I'm a closet smoker because of my job, so I don't have a lot of support outside of my house. So I'm announcing it to ya'll because I'm pretty proud of myself. :) I'm doing it! Today is my first day off from work where I'd normally be outside smoking a lot between chores so it's a little harder, but I can do it!
HOORAY - KAT!!!!!!

You should be VERY PROUD of yourself!!!  That's one of the most DIFFICULT things to stop.  You picked the RIGHT place to come and let us know what you have accomplished.

It takes a lot of self-control to be able to pull off this great feat. You are a STRONG Lady to be able to do this.  Just continue the good work and DON'T forget to continue to be PLEASED with what you have managed to do!!!

Just wanted you to know that I'm EXTREMELY happy for you and your accomplishment.

HUG.......Mama Sherry
Congratulations!!!!  I smoke and I know how hard it is.  (I've heard it said it's harder to kick than heroin.  Not sure how true that is but I've heard it several times.)

My cousin has been off them for over six months.  She joined an online support group and found it really helpful.  She also tallies the money she's saved and posts it on FB (and with the cost of them, it's a significant amount.)

Keep up the good work.  One of these days I'll give them up ... but I have the usual list of why it's not a good time right now.
I almost slipped tonight. Hubby stopped me from "going to the store" and distracted me with dinner. I decided to reward myself with a giant hot fudge sundae from my favorie icecream shop across town after dinner. I miss smoking sooooo much but I really don't miss my husband not wanting to sit next to me because I "Stink." That part is kind of nice. :)

One day at a time....
Oh kitty.....ME TOO....but I've been a smoker for 45 yrs and have quit sooo many times I'm embarrassed to say, and I don't even want to tell anyone until I have awhile under my belt..
today is day 11 for me, I have cheated with a few so I'm not exactly guilt free.....this is DARN hard hon, but do it for your health, don't wait till your old and sick like I am.

I wish you luck dear, and you too Mellie....♥
Good Job Mellie!!!! We can lean on each other! It is darn hard! I have quit before also, but twice was with pregnancies and that was easier because I was sick. But the other two times were really hard. I used a lot of gum and hard candy. But mostly for me it's breaking the habit of smoking....after dinner...after the kids go to bed...whenever I'm stressed....with coffee...etc...It just becomes a part of what we do. For me, it's a "break" from things. I really need to find a healthier alternative! We live right next to the elementary school...I have thought about going to take a lap around the track if I need a "break". However, that only works if I'm feeling good. If I'm not, I'm at a loss for how to escape the maddness that is my house right now!
actually this is Opus...Mellie is still in the making a decision mode...
we really should take this to the smoking addiction forum, if you like? I will meet you there!!

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Smoking-Addiction/show/159?camp=msc
OOps....I shouldn't post before coffee. :) Sounds good.