Pain Management Community
ROXICODONE AND TEETH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

ROXICODONE AND TEETH

I have been taking ROXICODNE 15mg. for about 8 years for severe cervical and back pain(3 neck surgeries over a period of 10 years) I would like to know if after taking this med. for such a long period of time,  the abuse my teeth have taken over this period.  I have had a problem with the clinched teeth thing when I sleep at times.  I wear a upper and lower partial and at times I find these not in my mouth when I sleep( it seems that  spit them out.and find broken and cracked parts in my mouth and swallowing these pieces unknowingly..lol)  what I would like to know, has others suffered these same results from taking pain management meds. Now I end up taking the meds for severe toothache and jaw pain also. Last, but not least is there a link between the two situations. Answers ans Suggestions welcomed.
Maybe you need a muscle relaxer for sleeping.  Or something that people take for periodic limb movements.  Is a jaw considered a limb-not sure.  Good luck with your problems.
ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE ON ROXICODONE OR USE THIS JUST FOR BREAK THRU PAIN. I AM A 16YR CHRONIC PAIN PATIENT MYSELF ROXICODOME IS SHORT TERM RELIEF LIKE DELODIN NOT TIME RELEASE IF THIS IS TRUE YOU NEED TO GET TO A GOOD PAIN MANAGEMENT CENTER
OXYCONTIN & OXYCONDONE ARE MORPHINE TIME RELEASE PAIN MEDS ROXICODONE IS FOR ASAP PAIN RELIEF 2 HR MAX

BUT ALL YOU TEETH WILL BE GONE DUE TO DRY MOUTH CAUSED BY MEDS DRY MOUTH CAUSED ADVANCED TOOTH DECAY THEN DEPRESSION ON TOP & NOT BRUSHING BECAUSE WE DONT GIVE A **** IS ANOTHER REASON NO SLAVA CAN NOT REMOVE THE GERMS IN THE MOUTH
Roxycodone is the exact same thing as straight Oxycodone which is often also sold under the name Oxy IR.  Oxycontin is also the exact same thing except for it is in a time release format.  BOTH of them will cause dry mouth and lead to problems with teeth as most narcotic pain relivers will.  

Roxicodone and Oxy Ir should last for 4-6 hours in the system.  A lot of people do not find that they last for the full 6 but the should at least last for 3-4 as it takes quite a while for it to kick in. I think its something like 45 minutes.

You will find problems with your teeth I think, on any of the narcotic pain relievers, just try and keep up on them and get checked out often.