RSD and Nerve Blocks
I've had RSD for 4 1/2 yrs. Been through injections, nerve blocks and failed attempt for a SCS and I've tried many medications that usually have some allergic reaction. I'm on a couple that don't take the pain all way but my system tolerates. My new doctor wants to try and do 3 stellate ganglion blocks for my arm. The other blocks 4 yrs. ago didn't help.  I asked him about nerve blocks for my feet because it is a fairly new area that the RSD is spreading into. But he thinks only the arm should be done. I've always read that the nerve blocks were only successful if it was done in the early onset of RSD. I'm fearful to have any procedure done that I don't need because my body is so sensitive and the RSD pain spreads. Am I right that it may be too late for a nerve block for my arm? Would a nerve block be helpful to help a new area, such as my feet? Thanks for your input.  -Dede
    You need to remember you hired the doctor. You have to be your own advocate and if you do not feel comfortable with the treatment the doctor is suggesting then talk to him and explain your concerns and ask what other options he is willing to offer you. If the options are unsatisfactory to you it is definitely time to find a new doctor. It is so easy to forget that we as paitents hire the doctors we hire and that we do have a say in what treatments we want or do not.
Everyone is different as to how a treatment may work for them. No two people will respond to the same treatment the same way so it is not really possible to say whether or not this would work well for you.
If your not really comfrtable then do not do it. Talk to the doctor and explore other options.
Please let us know how it goes and how your doing:)
It is true that everyone is different, but if you have done your research and believe that you are a poor candidate for a procedure, you can refuse the treatment,

No point paying for something that has little chance of being effective.