Pain Management Community
Real sharp pain in my left thigh on the back side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I'm having sharp pains in my left thigh that hurts so bad its hard for me to stay in one place. I have to get up and movre around because it hurts so bad. This has been going on for a little over a year and getting worst. Please let me know what it could be.
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry that you have had this pain for over a year with no diagnosis.

Have you been evaluated by a physician? If so what types of tests were done and what type of physician did you consult?

Pain in the back side of a leg can be sciatica. There are many reasons for that symptom. It could be from a structural issue in your spine or an irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve in it's path from origin to end.

I encourage you to see a neurologist, orthopedic or rheumatologist. One of these speciality physicians should be able to offer you a diagnosis. And please let us know how you are doing. We will look forward to your updates.

Best of luck and take care.
Tuck