Refill question
Hi All,
Do you know if pharmacies count the day you recieved your refill as day one , or does the calendar start the day after? Lets say I have a 28 day prescription, is day one, the day I refilled or is day one the day AFTER I refilled last? My fill could be falling on sunday, thats why Im concerned.
peace
-Dez
Hi Dezdon,

In my experience they count the day you obtain the prescription. If you count falls on a Sunday they will usually refill it on a Saturday IF they are not open on Sunday. My pharmacy is open 7 days a week and that has not been an issue.

Others will post with their opinion fairly soon. Take care, Tuck
Hi, I also have run into the same problem where they said I could not get my re-fill till tuesday, but I was traveling for business and they filled it 2 days earily, but I do know that they count the day you got it as day one unless its a fill that is 4-6 times/day and you picked it up late in the day. Hope they will work with you and make sure you are all set with your pills.

R/
Adam
Many times it's the insurance company and not the pharmacy that is the problem on refill timing.  The pharmacy assumes you won't want to pay outright for the medication so goes along with the insurance company rules.  If you need an early refill for travel reasons, call your insurance company.  Most will allow a vacation refill once or twice a year.
Hi:

My prescriptions come on a 28 day program. I filled my script on Oct.30 and my next refill is due on Nov.27. So you count the day after as one day.

Take care, Mollyrae
My insurance company will allow 1 refill per year on a prescription (certain meds will NOT be refilled or filled early) if you are going on vacation/business travel.

Jim
It is true the pharmacy will allow it if the ins. co will.  My scripts can be refilled on fri if I am going to run out on weekend.  
As far as I know is that if you get your script filled in early morning, it'll be counted on that day and if you get your script filled in late afternoon, it'll be counted next day. I have pharmacy that opens 7 days a week so I don't have a problem to be filled on any days.
I live in Texas where we have to get a new script from the DR each month and the RPH will fill it when I bring it in.  My Ins Co will allow a refil up to 6 days early each month.  I'm ytalking about Sched II.  Other than haveing to drive to the DR office ebvery month, we have it pretty good.  THe doc makes me see him every 90 days.
the day you fill it is considered by most ins. companies as day 1.  if you present with a script and it's kicked out with a code for "too soon," get on the phone with your insurance company, which I've done, and they have done an override to put it through THAT day.
The 1st day starts the day after you run out of your current meds
I can usually grab my prescription 29 days after my last.
The DEA's policy for all pharmacies is you can get your refills up to three days early. Not all pharmacies abide by this though each pharmacy has their own rules.It is best to use ONE pharmacy and get to know your pharmacist. This way they know your condition and this is important to do so they can help you as far as any interactions you may have to your medications too. Most doctors require you to use only one pharmacy too.