Refill too soon for Tramadol????
I am going to be out of town for about 2 weeks...leaving today.  I recieved my tramadol on the 5th of this month..(i hget a 20day supply)..so today would be day 12....i have no insurance so i only pay the $4 at Target ....do you think it's possible that Target pharmacy would refill it today??? has anyone had anything like this happen? is there a law on how early a pharmacy can refill a script? i take 50mg three times a day and i get 60 pills (20 day supply)
Most places won't fill it early, plus if with some if you ask for it to be refilled early they might think your taking more then your allowed too. So I am not sure if it would be a good idea to call or not. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer.
Good luck,
Jamie
This is not a narcotic so I would call the pharmacist and ask. Explain that your going out of town and would like to go ahead and get your refill if possible. I have refilled mine early before with no problem.
Another suggestion is that since you normally get your script filled at Target, that's a pretty commonly found store, so it's quite possible there would be one wherever you are going to be.  When it's the actual time for your script to be refilled, you could take your bottle in to the local Target store and tell them you are there on travel, so would like to have it refilled by their store instead of your regular Target store.  There shouldn't bea problem with this - all they'll have to do is either check their computer system or perhaps even call the Target you normally use and have the refilled "transferred" to them.  If you do this, ask them if it's possible to ONLY have that one refill transferred (if you have others on the original script) - that way when you return home and go to get another refill, you won't have to have it "transferred" again.

I've done this procedure with CVS and other pharmacies before (so long as they're a chain and not just a local mom and pop type pharmacy) and there's never been a problem - of course, providing that there are available refills!

have fun on your trip!
Geminigirl's suggestion is something I've done in the past.  It wasn't Target but I'd think there would be no problems getting. it.

Good luck and have fun.
Definitely check to see if there's a branch of your pharmacy near where you'll be.  If not, talk to your doctor.  I've had my oxycodone refilled early because I was going to be in Mexico.  She did have to write the prescription slightly different, otherwise the insurance wouldn't pay for it.  (I think the original prescription was something like 30 mg. oxycodone, 1 pill ever 4 hours.  The early refill was 15 mg. oxycodone, 2 pills every 4 hours.)  
I've had to refill scripts like that early because of vacations. I went IN PERSON to the pharmacy and explained the situation. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but it's worth a shot.