Pain Management Community
Refills to soon??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Refills to soon??

This may not be the right forum to post on about this but it does involve pain management.  I have horrible migraines and have tried everything including topamax which was worse than the migraines.  I found a Dr willing to give me some mild pain pills to help ease them until I could get in to see a neurologist.  I have 3 kids so I don't have the option to stay in bed with the covers over my head although some days I have to and hubby has to stay home.  He would put 1 refill on the RX.  The bottle said Take 1 every 4-6 hrs as needed.  Unless I'm am having a bad one I don't take them but if I am I go by what it says on the bottle.  Since I am a mom of a colicy 5 month old plus two other kids I rarely ever get out of my house so when I do I will get my refills even if I don't need them yet and put them up until I do.  The pharmacy has never said anything to me about getting them refilled to soon or anything.  Well, when it was time for my next visit he said he received a letter from mine ins company saying that I was getting them refilled too soon and he couldn't give them to me anymore.  I just don't understand.  Why were they filling them...why was the ins paying for them if it was to soon?  Is there any advice that anyone can give me on what to do next.  I've thought about going to talk to him face to face but I don't know if it will do any good at this point.
I think you need to call your insurance company.  See if you can get a copy of the letter from the pharmacy.  Find out what the problem was.  Usually if you try to fill a script too early, they just don't fill it.  Some pharmacies will fill it a day or too early but not much beyond that.  Make sure you speak to a supervisor and find out exactly what your coverage is.  You might also want to get a printout from the pharmacy of all the scripts you've had filled for as long as you've been taking them.  You can compare your script to the printout.  Sometimes it can be a bit fuzzy when they write every "4-6 hours."  That can make a difference if the insurance company is counting every four hours and you're taking them every 6.

Let us know how this turns out.  (And you have my empathy on a colicky baby.  My last one was colicky until he walked.  That whole period of time is a blur to me.  But he's turned out to be a great kid, though very attached to me.)

You say you have tryed everything... Massage Therapy also? What about a food allergy. If not those then if you did see a massage therapist did the release the fluid in your dural tubes? Just be careful with drugs like those. They are adicting and only covering up the reason for the migrains. When you get a migrain you could try drinking 8oz. water with 1 tsp. sea salt or real salt. It will stop the throwing up and the headache usually dissapears in an hour or so.
I have tried massage therapy and have had tons of allergy tests done....There isn't any kind of food allergy that shows up.  My Grandmother had them and my sister has them also and I am willing to take ANY advice to help these horrible headaches but drinking salt water makes me want to throw up just thinking about it GAG!
I agree with Mellie. You really should call your insurance company. It's strange that they filled them if they were too early. Hope that you get answers soon.
Can't you find out who signed for them? I know at our pharmacy we have to sign for everything we pick up does not matter what it is.

You should know if you refilled them early or not, by looking at the date of your presciption bottle.
Sorry, just re read your post...you do get them refilled early. (missed that)

Regardless of the insuracne company or pharmacy , it is your responsiblility to take the pain medication as indicated EVEN for re fills.

In today's world "pain pills" are under heavier scruitny then EVER due to the "over use & selling" of them.