Right SI Joint Pain
OK - I can write a book about what I went through, is there anyone who has had SUCCESS with any one type of procedure, medication, acupuncture, etc. to releive the pain?
thank you   Lenore07407 at gmail_thanks
Hi!
Sacroiliac joint pain and dysfunction is at times very difficult to treat. What may work for someone may not work for you. At times no treatment works really well. Pain relief medication and steroid injections into the joint work best for some. Others benefit more from yoga, pilates and manual therapy. Some do well on oral NSAIDs and prednisone. You have to probably try all at some time or the other and see what combination is best suitable. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Learn a little more about the piriformis syndrome. This is a field that needs attention to suffering people. I have been one and I benefited from a Botox injection. I have tried ALL the other methods including a few experimental ones. All I got were return visits.
Steroid injections cause osteoporosis for me since I had so many.
Check out the piriformis muscle on line and learn what you can do to help relieve some of the pain issues. Education is something we never stop learning.
Hi!
I do agree with you to some extent. There is a mild difference between the two problems. In sacroiliac joint dysfunction, the pain is in lower back, buttocks, and in thighs. It rarely affects the legs. Piriformis muscle can irritate the sciatic nerve and result in piriformis syndrome. In the beginning, piriformis syndrome causes tingling and numbness in the buttocks. Later the pain radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve right up to the lower leg.  Symptomatic relief can be achieved through non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and through muscle relaxants. Stretching and strengthening exercises are the mainstay of treatment and need to be performed several times in a day. Other than this, anesthetics such as lidocaine, BOTOX and steroids can be injected into the muscle. However, use of lidocaine and botox has its own side effects. A mix- and match of these treatment options have to be tried. Failure to achieve pain relief can be due to obturator internus muscle injury.
So, a confirmed diagnosis is not possible on net. However, yes, all possibilities should be looked into and discussed with the treating doctor. Take care!

Thank you. I do realize it is only advice as well as looking into other treatments.  I am at the end of my rope. 9 injections, 4 rhyzotomies, all different areas all different procedures yet there still is a lingering "I got you" pain, while bending, walking in big box stores, too much movement. So I take a pill or two. Since I am allergic to NSAIDs, anti inflamatories are out of the question.  With that said, I am on the web, searching, searching and searching.  I do have another questions though, I did read something, can't find it again, that (in my case), squating causing more pain. Do you know if that is related to something else?
My advice is to keep trying everything and anything! Acupuncture, massage therapy, meditation, etc., etc. you never know what will help you and won't help you until you try different things. Aqua therapy helped me alot simply because i was able to move around without putting my full weight on my joints as i stretched and exercised a bit. acupuncture helped for a while. The type of pain you have can be hard to alleviate, and thus be very frustrating to deal with in many ways. I think being as active as possible helps in the long run, as you don't want to "stiffen up" by being inactive. I'm not sure if squatting harms or helps in this situation. I always found (and still do) that it helps take the pressure off my lower back, thus alleviating my pain somewhat, albeit only temporarily. Temporary is something though!
                                         Good Luck,
                                                   shinty