Right elbow & shoulder pain!!
I am experiencing extreme pain in my right elbow and shoulder, it is so bad that I can barely move it. I seen a Orthopaedic surgeon and had an mri on my upper back. He said that I didn't have any significant issues (whatever that meant! it's not his pain!) I have tried range of motion and it makes it even worse.  I do have arthritis in the upper back, worse in my lower back and a slipped disc which is causing leg pain. I currently take neurotin for the lower back pain/ leg pain. I have a really hard time working every day and can't afford to miss work! what would you recommend?
You might want to look into getting a second opinion. Boy do I ever agree with you on "It's not his pain." I have been trying to get a doctor to listen to me about my foot for over 4 years now. One listened and was compassionate but did not have a clue on what to do. I have seen two pain clinic docs, had nerve blocks, physical therapy, and see multiple other doctors. I see another doctor in Feb I am praying that this one will listen to me and know what to do. I refuse to have anymore pain meds (not to mention there is only one that I do not react to because of the lousy inert ingredients) I want answers! Hoping you get your answers!

Good luck,
achilles2
When you had the MRI of your upper back did that include your neck? If not you might want to get one of your neck.
If the problem is the elbow and the shoulder.... then why didn't he order pictures of the elbow and shoulder?

Everything is interconnected, yes, but come on. This could originate in the upper back, yes, but it could also originate in the shoulder itself, or in the elbow for that matter.

I'd def. get a second opinion and I would advise you to not just let any doctor "tell you" that there's no significant problem, but to be a little bit more firm (not impolitely so) and direct in pointing out that yeah, there is a significant problem, even if he can't see it on "this" picture.
omg me tooo they finally diagnosed me sever osteo it took yrs of good mri's and just let dwns they thought i was a liar until i got exploratory surgery they saw my pain and arthritis is everywhere well i just got a good pain dr i am also involved in physical therapy ok i never could i couldnt reach above head or move legs get referral to pain mngt ok u can do this u will feel better there is life on the othere side also ask for this amazing gel voltaren 1% int priscribed im now on 90 perk 10/325 3x day and 12.5 fentynal patch cause my pain was comming back i also got injections they have to sedate you to do it but im rrt with u hunny we have same thing AND ITS FREAKING REAL! i promise ur not nuts its osteo tellem wake up
im liz