Right flank and back pain
AS I sit here, I have no pain.  Neither do I have pain when lying down.  However when standing, bending, twisting or if I get bumped like in a golf cart, I get pain in my right flank just below my rib cage.  I had an epideral cortisone shot two days ago and when the lydocain wore off, the pain returned.  Feels like a side ache or cramp as when you did something physical immediately after eating.  No fever, nausea, negative CTscan and X-Rays, blood tests all came back normal, but yet I have this continual throbbing side ache, rarely on the left side, primarily and always on the right side.  Can they detect kidney stones without using contrast during the CT scan.  They did not use contrast.  And are there certain stones that do not show up in a CT or Xray?  Any hints as to what this might be??  It is driving me crazy not knowing what is going on or unable to find a doctor who can determine what is going on.  Very, very depressing.
I'm sorry no one has come along that is familiar with what is going on.
I unfortunitly dont have little idea as to what the problem could be. I automatically thought stones because that is what flank pain is so commonly linked to. But I also know flank pain can be caused from muscle spasms and spinal arthritis.

It is more difficult to see some problems without contrast. But I am not sure which problems require contrast and which dont.  Do you know why your DR ordered it without?

I do hope you are feeling better by now and your pain is gone.
If not I hope you are able to find the answeres you are looking for, sorry I couldnt be more help