Right side upper chest, back, underarm pain
I have had constant pain in my upper right chest, upper right back, right underarm.  The pain mostly feels like spasms.  I am not sure what this is.  I went to see my doctor when it first started and she believes these spasms started with a neck spasm that I have had post cervical spine fusion.  Any ideas?
Hi!
Yes, it can be compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. If you have a cervical fusion at C4, 5, and 6 then this can cause the cervical spinal nerves to be compressed as they leave the spine to supply the various parts of the body like neck, chest, arms etc. Other than this the symptoms can be due to shingles. Another possibility is pancreatitis or duodenal ulcer.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!