Severe chronic chest pain
I had the procedure Radiofrequency Ablatoin done 3 weeks ago for chest pain due to post herpetic neuralgia from shingles... I have been in massive pain since the procedure ten times worst then the pain I suffered prior. Has anyone had this done and is it normal for the pain to be worse at first instead of better I am in horrible pain and dont know what to do, they say it could take up to a month for it to work and yes they say the pain could be worse at first but for this long, it hasnt eased up at all...even 10 mg of hydrocodone is not touching this pain... I would appreciate any insight on this because I feel like im gonna go out of my mind...shine
Hi!
I am sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Yes, pain does increase after radiofrequency ablation, however, this is felt for only a week or two. So if the pain is persisting beyond three weeks, you must consult your specialist.
Other treatments which can be tried are nerve blocks and spinal cord stimulator. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!