Severe pain in neck, shoulder, collarbone and back.
I have a marked narrowing of C5-C6 intervertebral disc space with osteophytes anteriorly  and posteriorly at this level.  The neural formina are patent.  The odontoid is intact.  Degenerative changes at C5-C6.

I woke up two weeks ago with neck pain.  Within the day the pain spread from my neck, across my back, collarbone and down my arm.  It was painful to sit or even lay down.  It felt like when my collarbone was broken years ago.  I went to the ER and they only did a chest X-Ray and said I have bronchitis and gave me 5mg Vicodin and 5mg Flexeril pills.  The Dr. didn't even look at the swelling in my neck and back, nor listen to my chest.  

My PC ordered CT X-Rays because my insurance doesn't cover MRI's.  Pain medications, pain cremes, nor muscle relaxers helped.  I can't take aspirin due to sensitivity and acid reflux.  Any suggestions as my neck has completely locked up over the years several times and the Chiropractor helped, but don't have money or insurace for a Chiropractor.  The regular MD used to put me in a neck brace and give me muscle relaxers when this happened.  The ER doctor told me that is probably why my neck is damaged now.  

I also have lower back pain from a tilted Cocyx bone and arthritis in my lower back.  I also have numbness to the thigh of my left leg with the outer thigh there is an area that burns and is extremely painful to touch,  I  wake up with what feels like lightning bolts shooting from the bad thigh, across my groin into my right thigh.  I can't move when this happens and have wet myself when this happens.  

Any help or medication recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your multiple areas of pain.

If your PCP is unable to find a solution I suggest that you see a PMP that will treat you for chronic pain. If I understand you correctly your insurance does not cover pain medications. I hope you can remedy this. If not there are some pain meds that are inexpensive that may be beneficial in pain control. Your PCP or a PMP will know what best to prescribed. There are also some manufactures that will help with the cost of their meds, based on income....so if you are prescribed any please check with the manufacturer.

Life is short and I am always saddened when someone is suffering needless chronic pain. There is no good reason for pain once a diagnosis has been made. Please talk to your physician about pain management.

I hope you will keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I wish you the best.

Peace,
~Tuck