Sharp Chest Pain
I woke up this morning around 5:30am to find myself having sharp lower chest pains. The chest pain is located closer to the middle of my chest by on the left side and right where my ribs end. The most painful thing to do is lie down/sleep and when I sit up I still have the chest pains but there are not as sharp. These pains last about 20 seconds to a minuet and are happening every couple of minuets. Could you please give me some idea of what it might be thats causing me so much pain and what I can do to make it go away?
sounds to me like it could be an air rail, which is just like a little bubble of air goin through and gettin caught which isabsolutly nothing, it'll pass quickly. but do you have asthma or any cardio problems? could be muscle elated if you dont do your stretches... if it takes more then a day for this to go away go get it checked out, couldnt hurt.. most the dr. will do iss an xray or maybe maybe blood work, but it sounds muscle related which isnt anything to worry about.
it sounds cardio-related problem,you should go to see your doc.

Anytime you have chest pains, go to the doc.  It could be alot of things, but when it comes to pain exactly where your heart is located(which is in the middle of your chest not over the left breast as sometimes people think) You shouldnt wait it out and see.

Hope you are fine and are going to get it checked out. Even if they stop.
please go see a dr. I had a chest pain I walked around for a week with similar symptoms before going in...found out I had a pnuemothorax (collapsed lung) which led to a whole lot of problems (I was healthy 21 yr old male)....but I am not trying to scare you could be nothing but we are not doctors....go see one your lungs/heart are too important.
Thanks you to everyone who gave me advice. I went to go see the doctor today and they told that I have something called Costochondritis. It is the inflamming of the cartalidge between the ribs and the breast bone. Which can be caused by injury or excessive physical work. I had helped one of my friends move Sunday afternoon and the doctor told me that it was more then likely what caused me to be injured.
I'm so gald you got it checked out and I hope everything will be fine now.

Stop lifting heavy things, may cost more to hire someone or beg another friend to help but its not nearly as bad as permanantly hurting yourself !