Sharp Pain In Left Torso When Standing
What could it mean that my wife experiences sharp pain in the left side of her torso when she is standing?  It extends from the bottom of her rib cage to her shoulder.  She recently gave birth and has chronis asthma.
Hello Rbelwood,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry that I am tardy with my response. You certainly sound like a supportive and caring husband. Unfortunately I don't think I have any good answers for you.

Has your wife seen her physician regarding this pain? If not I suggest that she do so. It could be so many things from a pulled muscle from childbirth to something more serious. There are just so many structures and organs in that area. It should not go undiagnosed.

You may want to also post on the Family Medicine or Urgent Care Forums. I beleive that is the correct names, if not it is close. You are always welcome here but they may have better suggestions for you. At the top of this page just click on the word Forums and you will see our selections listed in alphabetical order.

Possibly a member will have better suggestions than I do.  Please feel to post additional information. Best of luck to you and your wife.

Take Care,
Tuck