Pain Management Community
Shooting pain head and arm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Shooting pain head and arm

Since I was a teen I would get shooting pains on the right side of my face that would shoot down my right arm. I tried to find out what it was about 10 years ago but the doctor didn’t have any answers. When its starts it stops me in my tracks I can’t move and when I try to move it just makes it worse. It only last for a couple of seconds. It may daily or weekly and I have gone months without it happening. In general I am very health but this is a growing concern of mine since this has been going on so long.
Have you had any xrays or MRI's done?  I don't know if the neck would effect the face, I guess it would depend on the level of any probelm in the neck.  When I was young I use to get it in the back shooting down my leg and I couldn't move.  Later turns out it was a bulging disc that finally ruptured and led to my current probelms.
Yes I have gotten one done but there were no visable problems but that was a long time ago. I think i will try to get another MRI done.
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I apologize for my tardy response. But I am glad that you found us and took the time to post.

I am sorry to hear about this long time undiagnosed mysterious pain you are having. I do beleive you are doing the right thing by having a new clinical evaluation.

A more recent MRI or CT Scan with contrast will provide some detailed pictures of the area. It sounds like nerve pain. I hope you will consult a neurologist. I wish you well and hope that you will let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
Tuck