Shooting pain head and arm
Since I was a teen I would get shooting pains on the right side of my face that would shoot down my right arm. I tried to find out what it was about 10 years ago but the doctor didn’t have any answers. When its starts it stops me in my tracks I can’t move and when I try to move it just makes it worse. It only last for a couple of seconds. It may daily or weekly and I have gone months without it happening. In general I am very health but this is a growing concern of mine since this has been going on so long.
Have you had any xrays or MRI's done?  I don't know if the neck would effect the face, I guess it would depend on the level of any probelm in the neck.  When I was young I use to get it in the back shooting down my leg and I couldn't move.  Later turns out it was a bulging disc that finally ruptured and led to my current probelms.
Yes I have gotten one done but there were no visable problems but that was a long time ago. I think i will try to get another MRI done.
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I apologize for my tardy response. But I am glad that you found us and took the time to post.

I am sorry to hear about this long time undiagnosed mysterious pain you are having. I do beleive you are doing the right thing by having a new clinical evaluation.

A more recent MRI or CT Scan with contrast will provide some detailed pictures of the area. It sounds like nerve pain. I hope you will consult a neurologist. I wish you well and hope that you will let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
Tuck