Skin hypersensitivity, and RLS
I have had RLS for years, but the last 2 months I also have extremely sensitive skin to touch, especially my legs.I wear soft shorts when able. I do not want to go out in public when it is bothering me. I had surgery for two herniated discs, L4-L5, 3 months ago. I am on gabapentin 300mg, naproxyn 500mg, tylenol 500mg, hydrocodone 5/500mg, methocabamol 500mg for pain relief (not all at once) I feel like I am going nuts, sometimes. What helps this problem, other than drugs?
Did you have nerve damage before your surgery? If you did your nerves are now hyper active. I have nerve damage and can not stand for certain textures to touch my legs. I wore sweat pants for years wear boxers and even now I have to have something on my feet. I can not stand for any thing to touch them. Some things have gotten better over the years as I have become immune to the sensation and should for you also. I know it is really annoying and affects everything but it will settle down.

If you didn't have any nerve damage before you surgery you need to go to your surgeon and have your back re-checked. You could have some scar tissue causing nerve problems, something wrong with your back or it could have something to do with the meds you are on. Best of luck to you.

Sissie