Pain Management Community
Soles of both feet burn and "feel" blistered-but no blisters ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Soles of both feet burn and "feel" blistered-but no blisters etc

This is not a good foot year for me!
About a year ago I was diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma in my left foot. 3 months ago Hallux Rigidus in my right big toe and hallux limitus in my left big toe. Now, shortly after that doctor visit, the soles of both feet hurt all the time!
It's more limiting for my life, than the other problems! I hate to walk at all. Shoes on, shoes off, tried sandals, tried gel soles, tried expensive sneakers etc-no change?
They burn somewhat, feel like there are sores and or blisters on them, but nothing is there!
They do not feel hot to the touch, nor does touching or applying pressure anywhere seem to change anything?
What on Earth have I got now?
I wonder if the "care" I received, caused this new problem? For the Morton's Neuroma, I was given insoles [bought] "Barefoot Science" with inserts to make the arch higher and higher. When I got the pain from the Hallux Rigidus a few months later or so, I was given [bought] teflon, flat plates=extremes?

I am a 64 year old man [ or at least I used to be a man, I feel more like an old, old lady now! ]
Help would sure be appreciated. The doctor had the same answer for the 1st 2 ailments-SURGERY. I was trying to just live with the Morton's Neuroma and Hallux Rigidus and hallux limitus. But this pain-both feet equally painful, including the bottoms of my toes!
Is this plantar fascistis?
The odd thing, if it is, is that it came to both feet gradually, but at the same time and I don't recall just having heel pain. It seems like my feet have felt like they are burned and blistered on the bottoms from the heel right up under my toes. In fact, most recently, the balls of my feet, up by the toes are the most painful?
I actually keep looking in the mirror, thinking I will see blisters, but nothing?
Please help, if you have any guesses.
Thanks,
Chuck
Hi!
Your foot problems could also be putting wrong pressure on the foot and causing the burning sensation. Burning sensation in the soles can be due to plantar fasciitis, diabetes, Sjogren’s syndrome, peripheral neuropathies, hypothyroidism, SLE, alcoholism, peripheral artery disease, sciatica, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis and high blood pressure. You will need blood tests, nerve conduction studies and dopplar studies to reach a diagnosis. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you for your reply. At this time I have no insurance and because of my feet, I can do very little work { I am a roof cleaner }
My foot Dr admits he has no idea, but is treating me for inflammation, with methylprednisolone.
What do you think of these many possibilities, is the most likely one or 2?
Thanks so much!