Sore hip
I am a 36yr old female. About a week and a half ago I was doing cartwheels in the yard with the kids. Ever since then my right hip has been extremely sore. It hurts to move or to even touch it. What could be causing this?
Hi Mommacow:  I am really sorry that you're hurting.  But I give you an A for effort for doing cartwheels with the kiddies!  I used to stand on my head with mine!!   I wouldn't begin to try to diagnose you.  We're not doctors, just a community of chronic pain sufferers who give support and advice to all.

Because it is still hurting and not getting better, I'd recommend a trip to your doctor.  It could just be a muscle strain but possibly is something more serious.  I'd let the doctor take a look at this one.

We're very glad you found us and welcome you to our forum.  Please stick around or check back tomorrow when more people are here.  Someone will be here to give better advice than I.  So do check back and welcome.

Sara

PS  Don't forget to let us know how it comes out!!
Hello Mommacow, (cute screen name) :)

I am so sorry that you have injured yourself while playing with your children. I use to do the same!  Oh the things we do for our children!!

If I think of the position we put our body in to do a cartwheel it makes sense to me that you may have done something to your 36 year old hip. :)

As Sara said we are not experts However you may just have a muscle strain. As long as it is so recent you could try RICE, Rest Ice, Compression (difficult with a hip) and Elevation. It may be something more serious. There are major muscles, tendons and ligaments that are associated with the hip joint and immediate area. You could have injured any one of them.

Do you think your hip is dislocated? It's another possibility. If the pain persists or is extreme I would not wait to consult a medical professional. Ambulating on it could cause more damage. I am so sorry !!

Please let us know the outcome. I will look forward to your updates with interest. I wish you the very best.

Take Care,
~Tuck
I also agree to go see your Dr to see what you could of done to it. My kids are always saying you can't beat me doing this or I bet you can't do that and I always prove them wrong and do it. I am faster then my 7 year old boy and my 11 yr old girl I can beat them at every race! So I know it is when you have to do stuff with the kids and get hurt doing it. I can't remember last time I did a cartwheel cause last time I did it I hurt my knee lol
Best of luck to you,
Jamie
Kudos for doing cartwheels!  I'm so sorry to hear it put you in pain.  The previous posters have said everything I could recommend.  If it's muscle pain, heat helps after 24 hours, which I believe you said it's been at least that.  You can fill a sock or pillow with rice and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time.  Or you can google what to do with the rice.  It also works for cold.
I hope you feel better and get answers soon!
Thanks for all the support. I ended up going to the er yesterday because the pain so unbearable and was unable to see my regular dr. It turns out the muscle connected to my hip bone was pulled completely off of the bone! I am on bedrest for at least a week and have to walk with the use of a cane. Dr said it could take 3 to 9 wks to heal.
Yikes!  That does sound painful.  I hope you got something for the pain.  I'm sorry you're off your feet as it does make being a mom more difficult. Generally, we have no one to whom we can call in sick.  I certainly hope you are feeling better soon.