Pain Management Community
Stabbed in finger pain swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Stabbed in finger pain swelling

Hi, last night I was out walking my dog with my dad and boyfriend. They were shaking trees to make snow fall on eachother goofing around. I'm really small, so when unwanted to do it to them I figured I needed alot of force so I put my hands out palms first and I slammed them against the tree with all my weight but there was a thick needle like piece of branch sticking out thAt stabbed pretty deep into my middle finger right at the middle joint , maybe just above it. It was so cold outside that my finger barely bled but when I got in and warmed up it bled more. Looks like a little hole, swollen so I can't bend my finger, my finger hurts pretty bad, feels like the whole thing is bruised.
If your finger is swollen so bad that you cannot bend it you should go in to see a doctor soon. It could be really infected. Sometimes infections like that have to be lanced to relieve the pressure in your finger or joint depending where it is. I say this from experience from a cat bite to my finger, but you can imagine the bacteria in a cat's mouth. It swelled so bad that it was painful and could not bend either within one day. Had to have it cut open and had to take antibiotics. Never hurts to have a doctor look at it. Find out what your parents think about it as well.