Pain Management Community
Stomach pain from levaquin??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach pain from levaquin??

I just started taking levaquin for upper respiratory infection. I have taken 2 (175mg) tablets so far after meal. All of a sudden, I started having this excruciating pain in my stomach. It hurts so bad that I cannot go to sleep. I used a stethoscope and heard bowel sounds (hyperactive in all 4 quadrants), but no bowel movement. I have had no luck with having any flatulence either. Will somebody please tell me what can I do to better manage this terrible side effect? I feel like theres a war going on in my stomach because I can hear the bowel sounds without the stethoscope and its very painful.
547368_tn?1332173665
Hello Illpoetic,

Welcome to Medhelp. I am so sorry you are this reaction to your anitibiotic. You should call your PCP ASAP. This is not an acceptable side effect and there may be other meds you can take that will be just as effective without these side effects for you. Below is a list of LESS COMMON side of effects of Levaquin.

Less common or rare side effects may include:
"Abdominal pain, abnormal dreams, abnormal or double vision, aggressiveness, agitation, anemia, angina, anxiety, asthma, back pain, blood abnormalities, blood clots, changeable emotions, chest pain, circulatory failure, colitis, coma, confusion, depression, difficulty in or obstructed breathing, difficulty concentrating, disorientation, dizziness, emotional or mental problems, exaggerated sense of well-being, fainting, fungal infection, gangrene or other infections, gas, genital infection and itching, hallucination, heart attack, heart failure, heartbeat irregularities, high or low blood pressure, high or low blood sugar, hives, impaired thinking, indigestion, intestinal bleeding, intestinal inflammation or blockage, irregular heartbeat, itching, kidney disorders, lack of muscle coordination, liver disorders, lung problems or inflammation, muscle pain weakness, pancreatitis, paralysis, pneumonia, rapid or slow heartbeat, rash, seizures, swelling of face or extremities, swollen tongue, tendon inflammation, tumor, vaginal inflammation, vertigo, vomiting, yellowing of eyes and skin."

Again please contact your PCP right away. Take care and let us know how you are doing. Good luck to you, Tuck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...